Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dust-removing Metapost

I know it's foolish to have a reassuring metapost when I have no readers and this blog is mostly for my own amusement and thought process, but just this once, I'll go ahead with it.

The reason that the site has lain fallow for the last few weeks is the increasing pressure to finish things and graduate. Luckily, one of my remaining assignments involves writing, so there will be plenty of material for me to pick from for future posts.

In more content-oriented news, I've been re-reading Harry Potter 6 now that my school reading is done. It's nice to ease back into YA fantasy after months of Murakami's mind-warping surrealism. One thing I have noticed is JK Rowling's intensely explained extended metaphors. I don't know if I find them intrusive or helpful; the most noticeable one in Half-Blood Prince is the monster inside Harry that represents his growing feelings for Ginny. On the one hand, it's almost annoyingly on-the-nose. On the other, I always know just what Rowling means when she uses it. Really torn about this right now, whether I like it or not.

More to come, sooner rather than later.

SONG OF THE POST

Raised by Wolves by Voxtrot

The first time I ever heard a Voxtrot song, I was reading a blog post about how they'd broken up. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment